Thread: Keyword percentage in content

Newbie+

Keyword percentage in content

I have heard a lot of mixed things about what percentage of key words are ideal for articles and content published online. I have heard that anywhere between 3-5% frequency of your keyword is ideal but I'm not totally sure if that's right.

One thing I've often wondered is, if you use your keywords in all of your headings then does that mean you can afford to use it less in your other paragraphs?

Re: Keyword percentage in content

I'm sure you're referring to SEO copywriting, correct? I like to keep it around 3% but I usually don't pay much attention to that. As long as your article mentions the keyword several times (and has it in the title, which is even more important), you should be alright.

There was an issue behind keyword percentage lately, content that has a lot of keywords used is good but make sure you only have 1 anchor text when posting it. Posting Contents having more than one anchor text is considered over optimization. Unless you're using Tier 1 Tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    There was an issue behind keyword percentage lately, content that has a lot of keywords used is good but make sure you only have 1 anchor text when posting it. Posting Contents having more than one anchor text is considered over optimization. Unless you're using Tier 1 Tier 2.
    Hey Poisinivy, im a little confused are you referring to on-page content using internal linking with anchor text or off-page articles linking back to your money site or both?

Im referring to off-page articles, it is one of the most used and a very effective strategies so we really need to make sure we are placing right articles with right links in it.