Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Keys to Writing High-Quality Content that Gets Results

4 Keys to Writing High-Quality Content that Gets Results

There's a lot of terrible content on the internet. Many internet marketers fail to understand just how damaging negative content can be. First of all, it's a waste of time; people will never read or share it. Second, those who do find the content will never take the desired action, they'll simply run away as quickly as possible!

Thus, it is vital to take your time and write truly helpful, unique, interesting, and informative articles. One great article has more power than 10 terrible ones. I truly believe that. Focus on quantity over quantity. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when writing content for the web:

Length – One of the questions I get asked most often is “how long should my articles be?”. There is no definite answer to this question, as it will vary from topic to topic. But my general guideline is that articles should be more than 350 words and less than 800. If they are under 350 you won’t be able to accurately explain ANY topic, but if they are over 800 you might as well split it up into two articles and get twice the benefits. If you don’t know how to check the word count, search Microsoft Word help for this. Or, if you are writing directly into Wordpress, the bottom of the content box shows a live word count.

Singular Purpose – It is important that articles do not get too scattered. If you are writing about snorkeling in the Caribbean, try not to get lost in describing the amenities at different beaches, for example. Keep each article laser focused on the topic as much as you can for best results.

Quality – The funny thing is, quality articles naturally get picked up and noticed up more often. So spending that extra 10 minutes per article to make it outstanding could be the difference between obscurity and tons of traffic to your site. Take the time to write great content.

Don’t Sweat It – Finally, your articles do not have to be immaculate, Pulitzer-prize-winning pieces. Quality is vital, but you don't need to spend a month on each article! Articles just need to clearly explain what they are trying to explain. Get in, get it done, and get out.

Registered Member

Re: 4 Keys to Writing High-Quality Content that Gets Results

Great list, Andrew. I love it. I have also been a big believer in providing high-quality content over spammy trash that provides no one with any value. As my dad always said: if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

"One great article has more power than 10 terrible ones." So true. I think I'm going to write that on an index card until it's drilled into my head.

I'm want to create a quality content but I have a problem, my grammar is so bad. Do you think about it ?, and should I do.

Quote Originally Posted by picharnan View Post
    I'm want to create a quality content but I have a problem, my grammar is so bad. Do you think about it ?, and should I do.
    One thing you can do is hire writers to do the work for you. Check on another forum that has classified ads and look for a high-quality writer. Or, use a service like Elance to find writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    One thing you can do is hire writers to do the work for you. Check on another forum that has classified ads and look for a high-quality writer. Or, use a service like Elance to find writers.
    Thank for your suggestion but I want create it by self. I have many reasons, I want to practice and present information that I know for extra quality content. Perhaps, I will hire a writer, can you approximate writing pay rate for a website ?. Money is primary factor for me ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by picharnan View Post
    Thank for your suggestion but I want create it by self. I have many reasons, I want to practice and present information that I know for extra quality content. Perhaps, I will hire a writer, can you approximate writing pay rate for a website ?. Money is primary factor for me ^^.
    Right, you don't want to pay too much. I would say even as low as $5 per article from Fiverr you can get lucky. But you might want to figure more like $8-10 per 500-word article.
    Download the ZZZ Profits eBook Course | Read the Forum Rules

Really good tips Andrew. Thank you. Another thing that I think many people forget about is that most content should get run by an editor. It is so easy not to catch your own mistakes. I've read over many things I've written and thought they were fabulous and then my editor took a look at it and fixed a few pretty obvious mistakes.

This has always been the one area that I have struggled to focus on I am always into more technical aspects. These are some great tips that anyone can use it definitely takes a great deal of time. I know I have knowledge that can help many people I just struggle with putting that information into articles. I really prefer working one on one in more of a live chat interaction situation. Well this is my 10th post here already! I really look forward to the future here and working with this great community!

I have a simple formula I use to write great content (SEO-friendly) all the time and not develop writer's block. I first research a keyword phrase and think of it a a topic to write about. Then, I write down a few bullet points to outline the main points I will be talking about in the article. After I write the article, I then come back to it in a few hours and midly re-write for SEO purposes.

Good advice there Marya! I really write the worse articles when focusing heavily on SEO, rather than going with the flow. Also, my readers really complain when i do write too many seo articles. Another great tip to write perfect and quality articles is to triple check everything. Forget about double checking, triple check the article before putting out there on the net. Misspelled words, bad grammar are things that really let your quality article down.

Quote Originally Posted by Marya View Post
    I have a simple formula I use to write great content (SEO-friendly) all the time and not develop writer's block. I first research a keyword phrase and think of it a a topic to write about. Then, I write down a few bullet points to outline the main points I will be talking about in the article. After I write the article, I then come back to it in a few hours and midly re-write for SEO purposes.