Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adsense Alternatives

Registered Member

Adsense Alternatives

I'm not a big PPC guy, but I do have 2 content sites that mainly earn revenue through Adsense. Earnings have been poor lately and I hate being so dependent on Adsense like that. Are there any other PPC ad networks similar or does Google basically have a monopoly on the PPC market?

I've looked at Bidvertiser, but I've heard that earnings aren't so great with that network. What other options do I have?

Registered Member

Re: Adsense Alternatives

You might try Chitika, I haven't used them myself, but from what I've heard, they're basically second place behind Adsense. I would give them a try - on a short leash - to see if the results are at least comparable with adsense. And place report back your findings, I'm interested to hear how well Chitika performs.

Registered Member

Chitika is good and has a pretty vast source of income. It's a viable substitute, but I'd rather go with Adsense... If only they didn't come up with all those horror stories of Adsense accounts being shut down. I'm drawing out all my deposits early, hoping they won't shut down any of mine. :/

-wittyblogger

Registered Member

Thanks, guys!

I checked out Chitika and signed up for an account there. Still waiting for the activation but I will give it a try. But now that I have had a chance to think it over I mostly just want to use Adsense, I'm sure no one is paying higher CPCs than them. Oh, well. We'll see

I've bought traffic from bidvertiser and can say that it was of no use to me. A recent search on Google provided this; http://www.bloggingjunction.com/7-be...rn-more-money/ I personally am not interested in contextual ads on my sites. I prefer using content to engage visitors. Highly targeted keywords and demographic research putting myself in my visitors shoes and a big fat opt-in form to build my list.

I believe that too many click choices for visitors is a turnoff. It doesn't sound like your site is too "add busy."

You need to create some content that further engages the visitor. What is your bounce rate?

Adding a survey would be useful, or creating a contest so you can give the lucky winner a nice e-book.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by naturalone View Post
    I've bought traffic from bidvertiser and can say that it was of no use to me. A recent search on Google provided this; http://www.bloggingjunction.com/7-be...rn-more-money/ I personally am not interested in contextual ads on my sites. I prefer using content to engage visitors. Highly targeted keywords and demographic research putting myself in my visitors shoes and a big fat opt-in form to build my list.

I believe that too many click choices for visitors is a turnoff. It doesn't sound like your site is too "add busy."

You need to create some content that further engages the visitor. What is your bounce rate?

Adding a survey would be useful, or creating a contest so you can give the lucky winner a nice e-book.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Right, I think the real issue is creating the content that further engages my visitors.

My bounce rate is about 77% - I did some searching and I couldn't tell if this is very high or not. It seems high to have 77% of people leaving right away...

Not going to lie - I prefer Adsense over any other PPC networks simply because Chitika treats publishers like crap with terrible communication and give a depreciated amount of revenue to their publishers as well (it was different when they initially started). Also, the majority of their advertisements come from Amazon so just go set up an Amazon Affiliate account if you want those kinds of ads that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert(seous) View Post
    Not going to lie - I prefer Adsense over any other PPC networks simply because Chitika treats publishers like crap with terrible communication and give a depreciated amount of revenue to their publishers as well (it was different when they initially started). Also, the majority of their advertisements come from Amazon so just go set up an Amazon Affiliate account if you want those kinds of ads that much.
    I really have to agree with you here. You just can't beat Adsense. I continually use it with success on several websites. The only time I have used something else is for a website I created for someone that was about strip clubs. Google has an aversion to adult websites. Even though the site had no offensive images or content we didn't want to take the chance of getting banned by Adsense. For that one we used some banner ads and links from ShareaSale. They aren't my favorite but it was better than nothing.

For time being Adsense is the market leader as far as i know. But there are also some other decent alternatives to Adsense including Bidvertiser,chitika and Adbright. One should always keep a backup Adsense alternative, as Asense has been very strict with its TOS. And accounts are being banned very frequently by them.

Newbie+

I think chitika is good way to earn money from clicks and clicksor is good too