Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Marketing: Amazon vs. Clickbank

Registered Member

Affiliate Marketing: Amazon vs. Clickbank

Which network do you prefer?

In my experience, Clickbank is hands-down the most profitable. They often offer $50 per sale while you'd have to sell, like, a computer on amazon to get that much commission. True, Amazon is offering everyday items that have a bigger audience than a niche info product, but with commissions 10x higher (and more), I often focus my effort on selling Clickbank products.

Re: Affiliate Marketing: Amazon vs. Clickbank

I would concur with the above, those are generally my thoughts as well. The only thing you might be leaving out is that refunds on Amazon are likely much, much lower than those on Clickbank. So if 25% of the people return the products (and negate your commission), that's something to take into account with your calculations. But generally, I would agree that under many circumstances an affiliate marketer could make more money with laser-targeted niche sites promoting Clickbank than Amazon.

Registered Member

I prefer Clickbank, but there have been reports on certain affiliates actually making a killing from some customers who go on Amazon and think, "Oh hey, I think it's okay to buy this too. And this. And this..." Ended up buying over $1000+ worth of products.

Can't underestimate Amazon's credibility as an authority e-commerce store.

-wittyblogger

Quote Originally Posted by wittyblogger View Post
    I prefer Clickbank, but there have been reports on certain affiliates actually making a killing from some customers who go on Amazon and think, "Oh hey, I think it's okay to buy this too. And this. And this..." Ended up buying over $1000+ worth of products.

Can't underestimate Amazon's credibility as an authority e-commerce store.

-wittyblogger
    True! The only downside of that strategy is that Amazon knows how valuable they are and, as such, they only give you a 24 hour cookie, meaning that any orders placed from your link must be within 24 hours for you to get credit for the sale. Most Clickbank products will give you 2-3 months by comparison.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    True! The only downside of that strategy is that Amazon knows how valuable they are and, as such, they only give you a 24 hour cookie, meaning that any orders placed from your link must be within 24 hours for you to get credit for the sale. Most Clickbank products will give you 2-3 months by comparison.
    You're definitely right on that too.

I'm still staying away from Amazon though, because the chances of that bulk buying happening is kind of rare. Besides, there's a 3% rate, which is pretty little.
    CPA networks like Neverblue bring in pretty big revenues as well - I'm trying to get my blogs to run on CPA instead.

-wittyblogger

Quote Originally Posted by wittyblogger View Post
    I'm still staying away from Amazon though, because the chances of that bulk buying happening is kind of rare. Besides, there's a 3% rate, which is pretty little.
    CPA networks like Neverblue bring in pretty big revenues as well - I'm trying to get my blogs to run on CPA instead.
    Interesting, I've never used Neverblue. I might signup and see what they have going on. I've had the best results with Clickbank and Commission Junction. They've been my favorites for over 5+ years.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Interesting, I've never used Neverblue. I might signup and see what they have going on. I've had the best results with Clickbank and Commission Junction. They've been my favorites for over 5+ years.
    Hmm, you are missing out on a LOT!

CPA networks probably take a huge slice of the pie for me - I have close to 8 blogs being run on CPA monetization alone! (Some died along the way though.) I highly recommend Neverblue as a CPA network though. They're usually lax about people joining in and they have a pretty sick ROI. You can check out their verticals here: http://www.neverblue.com/advertisers/verticals

Loads of ways to monetize.

-wittyblogger
    Copy that crackles with fire and rock-hard SEO. How is it impossible to make money online?

That looks great! I just applied for an account. I can't wait for it to get activated and check out what's happening with Neverblue. Thanks for sharing.

Ring revenue is very lucrative. I'm sorry I haven't fared well with Amazon. Sent lots of targeted traffic to my sites, getting clicks, however the sales haven't added up. On the other hand I plant banners around the web and do get sales from Click Bank. Its a pleasant surprise to see how things add up. My first big payday was from click bank.

My preference is Click Bank. I optimize my sites for mobile. I tried using Amazon to monetize mobile sites and my pages don't load well with the plug-in I use. Loading amazon directly onto my Android browser is better for me when buying....

P.s. My plug-in is designed to add content to my niche site.