Thread: About the ArticleSetup Support Forum

About the ArticleSetup Support Forum

ArticleSetup is a free article directory script that is available in the resource center (registration required) here on ZZZ Profits, or at http://www.ArticleSetup.com. It's a fully featured PHP/MySQL script that you can use to setup your own article directory.

ZZZ Profits has partnered with ArticleSetup to provide semi-official support for the script. Use this forum to discuss the script, ask pre-download questions, get support, and request new features. The admins of ZZZ Profits and ArticleSetup both monitor and participate in this forum.

Note: We encourage users to help each other out with support. If you love the script, please jump in to answer questions and assist your fellow ArticleSetup users. We want this to be a helpful and informative resource for all who are interested in ArticleSetup.

Newbie+

Re: About the ArticleSetup Support Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    ArticleSetup is a free article directory script that is available in the resource center (registration required) here on ZZZ Profits, or at http://www.ArticleSetup.com. It's a fully featured PHP/MySQL script that you can use to setup your own article directory.

ZZZ Profits has partnered with ArticleSetup to provide semi-official support for the script. Use this forum to discuss the script, ask pre-download questions, get support, and request new features. The admins of ZZZ Profits and ArticleSetup both monitor and participate in this forum.

Note: We encourage users to help each other out with support. If you love the script, please jump in to answer questions and assist your fellow ArticleSetup users. We want this to be a helpful and informative resource for all who are interested in ArticleSetup.
    Finally-it is so refreshing that the creator of the script himself has come on board to offer a bit of light relief to our problems.
    Before this script was sold there was a support centre and a place where you could go to for help. After it was sold the new owners just could not care or did not have the time so removed the support forum.
    I run six sites 6 from this script and have needed help with the volume of articles that is being processed once the directory snowballs into a larger directory-but could i get the help??? Thank you for coming to our rescue andrew-you should never have sold this script. A fantastic script but the new owners are going to close it down at this rate.
    The problem with the script maybe is that it has numbering at the bottom of the page so you can jump from page 1 to say page 10,000 if is gets to that stage.
    Other article directories do not have this page numbering at the bottom but rely on the search box to carry out the search within the directory.
    Most of us will use shared hosting to run this script and when the script grows into a monster the hosting service will shut you down because the script uses too much of their resources
    Anyway thank you for starting up a support forum for this-we need it

3. The following user left a 'Thank You' for this post:

Ok so I just installed the ArticleSetup script and it all seems freakishly cool n groovy. No probs so far. I've read @articles & @Andrew posts and am, well, unimpressed with the owners to say the least.

So I guess I'll just ask a question right here then.

I have not purchased the script as it didn't feel right. I felt there was something slightly dodgy with the owners as I did click the 'support' link at the site (ArticleSetup.com) and found, well nothing, just an error message.

I want to get rid of the 'footer' blurb ie. "Article Script - Powered By Link Building Service 2011 - Green Earth Article Directory"

Is there a way of ripping this out somehow, as paying for the script to not get a reply or code to place into the footer would be shameful and I don't want to waste any more money nor time for that matter.

Anyway guys, have a good one and my new article site is at http://greeneartharticles.com if you're interested in viewing a fresh install.

Newbie+

thanks for the informative information...

Newbie+

Dear admin i know you are providing free service.
    but please resolve my problem.
    i will pay for these services.
    My site get down due over usage of server and database.
    Hosting company suggest add some cache.
    please provide some technique to resolve these problem

Thanks

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarth View Post
    Ok so I just installed the ArticleSetup script and it all seems freakishly cool n groovy. No probs so far. I've read @articles & @Andrew posts and am, well, unimpressed with the owners to say the least.

So I guess I'll just ask a question right here then.

I have not purchased the script as it didn't feel right. I felt there was something slightly dodgy with the owners as I did click the 'support' link at the site (ArticleSetup.com) and found, well nothing, just an error message.

I want to get rid of the 'footer' blurb ie. "Article Script - Powered By Link Building Service 2011 - Green Earth Article Directory"

Is there a way of ripping this out somehow, as paying for the script to not get a reply or code to place into the footer would be shameful and I don't want to waste any more money nor time for that matter.

Anyway guys, have a good one and my new article site is at http://greeneartharticles.com if you're interested in viewing a fresh install.
    Hi GreenEarth,

I don't know anything about this ArticleSetup stuff, but I wanted to tell you that there is another thread somewhere in these forums, specifically for people who want their new websites evaluated by whoever. Just an fyi for you. Carry on my good man

there are hundreds of these directory scripts out there like the Network39 Article Directory Script, WSN Knowledge Base, AJ Article, etc. Just checked out the demo on articlesetup.com and it looks tight! but before downloading it can you tell me if it is encoded or open source? Another thing will it be possible to migrate from a word press based article directory?

I heard about those article directory scripts but because they're open source, it means they can be hacked so very easily. Personally, the best article directory scripts are the ones you can get custom coded. Also, i hate all those article directory scripts set up by webmasters who only use them as adsense farms. Oh well, so many of these directories are going to be soon (if not already) knocked off by Google and other webmasters because they don't offer anything to authors.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPolo View Post
    there are hundreds of these directory scripts out there like the Network39 Article Directory Script, WSN Knowledge Base, AJ Article, etc. Just checked out the demo on articlesetup.com and it looks tight! but before downloading it can you tell me if it is encoded or open source? Another thing will it be possible to migrate from a word press based article directory?

talking about adsense farms, sites like Ezinearticles and eHow are huge adsense farms. Ezinearticles is probably the worst of them all because it uses adsense ads so obvious on its site. On that note, I remember when back in the day you could simply makes tons of cash by posting articles on article directories. of course, Google has almost wiped article directories of the face of the earth, though the likes of eHow somehow are still there. This, my friends, goes to show the power of Big G and how they can pretty much take any site from zero to hero and viceversa. Don't rely on Google

Newbie+

Quote Originally Posted by alexlear View Post
    I heard about those article directory scripts but because they're open source, it means they can be hacked so very easily. Personally, the best article directory scripts are the ones you can get custom coded. Also, i hate all those article directory scripts set up by webmasters who only use them as adsense farms. Oh well, so many of these directories are going to be soon (if not already) knocked off by Google and other webmasters because they don't offer anything to authors.
    WordPress is Open source, and that's secure as long as you update and use decent plugins. Also Article Setup is not 100% opensource.

I don't think you understand what opensource means with a script like this, it basically means you can edit the code however you see fit, it DOESN'T mean anyone can make changes to the script, then upload it to the Official site for the whole world to download.